The Role At Ding we put the user at the centre of the business.
At Ding we put the user at the centre of the business. We are looking for a new member to join the Experience and Brand team. We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic individual that is passionate about putting the user first. This person will work across multiple products and platforms, predominantly the Ding website and app.
Does this sound like the role for you?
What will you do day to day?
The main focus of the role will be to carry out quantitative and qualitative research to get a rich understanding of our users. You will contribute valuable insights that will help inform strategic decisions. You will create mock-ups and prototypes to be validated by users, design and analyse surveys and carry out interviews and focus groups. You will be comfortable communicating your recommendations and ideas with the wider team.
What traits does our ideal colleague have?
- Empathy for users and can easily put yourself in other people’s shoes
- A keen interest in understanding how our users interact with our products
- Strive to simplicity in design
- Excellent at considering all scenarios that might influence the user experience
- Comfortable exploring and gathering insights from data
- A logical thinker, and an excellent problem solver
- Passionate about your work, and like to take ownership start to finish
- A pro at pushing the boundaries and thinking outside the box when it comes to new implementations and revisiting old – there is no challenge too big or small!
- Gets a kick out of being part of a fast paced team that are hungry for growth and success, love sharing your ideas and exploring new trends in your area of expertise
- Proficient in tools like Invision, UX Pin, Usertesting.com and sketch are an advantage
What it’s like working here?
No two days are ever the same at Ding. We put an emphasis on results, not politics because let’s be honest, that’s what we all prefer. True team players are the norm with a fun vibe and a genuine willingness to help out their colleagues.
Ding pretty soon becomes your second family (not your second home…..we don’t want you here all the time!). We don’t just care about the skills you bring with you to the table or what you achieve for the Company. We do actually care about you. Hence everyone here isn’t treated like a number. We take the time to get to know you and what makes you tick.
We’re all about you owning your own development. Just because you’re currently on the Product team doesn’t mean you can’t join the Online Marketing team next week. In fact someone already did. You figure out where you want to take your career and we do our best to get you there.
Working with us
The work we all do here at Ding is interesting. Ask the Tech bunch….they are constantly challenged by in-house development and complex technology. We’ve created the market in which we operate so that means we regularly come across challenges that we’ve never seen before. That’s why having people who can think on their feet and enjoy problem solving is so important to us.
Everyone is approachable no matter if they’re a recent grad or a C-Level member. You can grab anyone and pop to the Top-Up bar for a coffee and run an idea past them, pick their brains or just have a catch up about your weekend.
New products, revenue milestones, birthdays, work anniversaries, weddings…………these are just some of the reasons for Ding celebrations. Be prepared to have a bit of fun here.
But your time outside of Ding is important too. Everyone needs to have a life outside work. So if you’re off for dinner before the box office smash hit, want to get a spin class in before work, need to get out to see your kid’s school play then that’s what the flexible working hours are all about. It’s an honour system. There’s no clocking in and out. We’re grown-ups after all so we trust you’re not gonna muck it up for your team mates